Whether you’re covering up a breakout or trying to make dark circles disappear, there’s a specific way to do it for maximum success. Here are some of our favourite tricks of the trade for perfecting your concealer game. (these are optional though so if you have your own favourite ways, you do you :))
1. Always apply to freshly cleansed skin (remember to exfoliate regularly – old skin cells clog pores and prevent makeup from gliding smoothly onto your skin. It also evens out your skin tone, which ensures a more flawless, airbrushed finish. Follow with your favourite Hey Gorgeous moisturiser to keep your skin hydrated and smooth.
2. If you are using a foundation apply it next. We recommend applying concealer after to avoid it looking cakey or creasing. Applying your face makeup first gives you a smooth, blendable base to work with before you get to covering.
3. Apply in inverted triangles under the eyes. Rather than swipe the concealer directly under your eyes, you should draw two upside down triangles beneath your eyes, which will brighten up your entire face. Why? When you simply swipe concealer close to your lash line, you’re actually just emphasizing the area. Blend and dab the inverted triangles using your ring finger or a concealer brush. Whatever you do, be sure not to smear or drag the concealer–doing so creates creases and leads to caking.
4. Spot apply on any blemishes : Apply your concealer onto the individual pimple, then pat to blend with your ring finger or concealer brush until the dark spot is no longer visible.
5. Apply around your nose and on any redness. Be sure to dab, not drag the concealer as you apply it around your nose and on any red spots. (Pro tip: Dab it into place using your ring finger and blend focusing of the crease around your nose. Next dip a damp make up sponge into loose powder and blend for a set-it and forget it finish that lasts).
Pay over 3 EQUAL zero-interest
instalments ofR108.34 with PayJustNow. Find out how...
PayJustNow is a simple, easy-to-use payment system.
Here’s how it works:
PayJustNow allows you to pay for your purchase over 3 equal, zero interest instalments. You’ll pay one instalment at the time of purchase, the next at the beginning of the following month and the last one a month thereafter. #zerointerest
Browse your favourite online stores and proceed to check-out.
Choose PayJustNow as your payment method.
Create your account as easily as if your eyes were shut (though we’d recommend you keep them open).
Did you know that using our natural concealer can actually help to lighten dark spots, treat acne and plump fine lines? It’s the perfect concealer to achieve a smooth, flawless looking makeup application, especially if you have pronounced blemishes and dark spots. This is because our natural concealers are jam packed with skin nourishing ingredients you’ll expect to find in our super effective serums and moisturisers.
Our Liquid Concealer is a super-rich, heavy-duty, and full-coverage natural concealer made with potent ingredients to treat blemishes. The combination of green tea, vitamin K, liquorice, caffeine, plant derived collagen, and nourishing oils work to lighten dark spots, kill acne causing bacteria and plump fine lines, creating a super smooth surface over time. This concealer is available in 7 shades
We formulate amazing, affordable and effective skin, body and bath care products that make you feel pampered and just downright gorgeous. Using only sustainably sourced, naturally harvested botanical ingredients we incorporate these in advanced formulations for proven results to target specific skincare goals.
Our ingredients are known to reverse signs of ageing, nourish and hydrate dryness, plump up lines and wrinkles, minimise acne, marks and scarring and restore your skin’s natural radiance. The provenance of our ingredients is very important to us. We choose certified organic, locally sourced ingredients whenever possible, and always from leading suppliers. We never include additives, harmful synthetics, mineral oil, sulphates, fillers or any other nasties in our products, just pure goodness for your skin, that doesn’t cost the earth.